Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ipod into car amp...

Options
  • 29-03-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if this could be possible...
    I'm thinking of bypassing the head unit and using my ipod as the head unit itself by connecting it straight into an amp to power the speakers...

I don't quite like the idea of the ipod dangling around through wires inside the car.
    And also I'ld like to wait for this head unit to come out: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 1666086157

Till then as I've banjaxed the existing head unit in my car, I'ld like some sorta good replacement.
    I was thinking along the lines of a 3.5mm jack into the phono leads that connect into the L and R inputs of the amp and the amp could power the speakers. I could select the music and control the volume and all straight from the ipod, as you'ld normally do on an ipod. I could also wire up an ipod car charger to charge it while connected in the car.

Then when I get the new head unit, I could simply install that into the amp/speaker set up and connect the ipod into that...

I'm just not sure how good the sound quality would be...
    And I would need some sorta external switch to turn the amp on when I want to...

Also I wouldn't be able to hear the radio but the radio here is **** anyway so I can put up with that till I get the new head unit...

Advertisement