Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Air Filter Problem?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi lads..last few days i noticed my car is sluggish to take off..i cut out twice when taking off from the lights this week. like the car just aint getting the same power at low rev's...it's not due a service for another 4K. It's not a clutch problem!! i had that replaced by nissan last year!

any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Any lights coming on on the dash? Is it running rough?

Try and get it hooked up to a computer to read the engine management system first. Could possibly be a coil pack, but could be many other things also.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jordo76

hi Nozebleed

as already stated it could be the coil pack, but you could also try the plugs they tell a thousand words when looked at ( http://www.aa1car.com/library/reading_spark_plugs.jpg ) also try the airflow senser normaly on the airfilter hose, it might be just as cheap to bring it to a garage rather than trying to troubleshoot a problem like this especially if you dont have the equipment to hook up to the engine management system,

hope you get it sorted soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Hi lads..last few days i noticed my car is sluggish to take off..i cut out twice when taking off from the lights this week. like the car just aint getting the same power at low rev's...it's not due a service for another 4K. It's not a clutch problem!! i had that replaced by nissan last year!

any ideas? thanks

What model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

thanks guys... its a nissan almera..car sounds fine..running fine too..no lights showing on the dash..just choking a little..when starting off..and when drving at low speeds in 3rd 4th gear..just starts to chug a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nozebleed wrote: »
    its a nissan almera..
    Camchain and/or Crank sensor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

What year?

If its the 01 on(new model) then they suffer with stretched chains which would give the problem you describe..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

no its the old model. 00 reg. i dont think it's a chain problem to be honest. i wouldn't have thought it was that serious.
    thanks for the help.

Advertisement