Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pausng Sky +

Options
  • 28-03-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have just bought a second hand sky+ box. It installed OK (no viewing card supplied) and I can pick up most of the free to view channels. However, whenever I try to pause the action, it asks me to put the viewing card in. If I purchase a white free to view card from sky, will this enable the box to pause/record programs? or is it necessary to purchase one of the sky channel options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Unfortunately you will need to take out a subscription of some sort with Sky to get any of the Sky+ functionality to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 coolbananas

To use the recording features you need a Sky+ subscription and this is free when you subscribe to any Sky TV package so yea you need to take out a subcription. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I hope you did not pay much for it. Sky would have given you a HD box, and installed it for hardly anything if you took out a subscription.

Advertisement