Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Light buggy for 1yr+

Options
  • 28-03-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a quinny buzz for my daughter which is great for walking, but just takes up too much space in the boot when out shopping.
    I'm also hoping to go abroad in the Summer so I'd like to get a lighter buggy/stroller for her.
    I know there is a buggy thread in the pregnancy section but it is more focused on the travel system type ones and I really just want to get a light, easy to fold one! Also want to spend less that 100euro.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Eimear

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You probably seen my one at the meet up but it's the Century by Graco and it only cost 89€... it came with a car seat at the time but you can buy it without too. It reclines but not flat.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3763210/Trail/searchtext%3ECENTURY.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Maclaren quest. Dont know the price. Can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yup, have that too. Very light and easy to fold up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Petit Zia is the best of the light buggies that i ave experienced.
    it is light,easy to manouvre and reclines.
    It is a bit over 100 euro though.
    Amiths do a cheaper version that is made my baby lo not quite as good but is under the 100 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The Petit Zia is the best of the light buggies that i ave experienced.
    it is light,easy to manouvre and reclines.
    It is a bit over 100 euro though.
    Amiths do a cheaper version that is made my baby lo not quite as good but is under the 100 euro.

I love the Zia! It's not that expensive either. Argos are doing it for 175 I think... and it's the lightest buggy on the market, fully reclines etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Eimear, any of the umbrella strollers are ususally great and they're so light i know smyths have a sale on and you can pick them up for about €25 -€50 and when they're a bit bigger they can sleep no problem in them..and you'll use them up to age 3 or 4. I can't wait til ben is big enough to put him in one.. i keep crashing the wheels into legs of display stands and i think i need a learner plate..:D
    Unrelated... i think having a buggy is a great way to get away with talking to yourself, nobody bats an eyelid at me now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

I have the Cosatto Koochi as a single umbrella stroller - very light, less than the McLaren, great rain cover - very small and easily tucked in underneath without filling up the shopping basket. I liked it so much I bought their side by side double buggy when number 2 came along - again very light and it fully reclines so I can have my toddler and newborn out and about. Great customer service too - have sent out any spares I needed (OH threw away raincover when having a clearout - why I'll never know!). My other buggy is the Buzz, which I love, but the stroller is great for buses and the car boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

+ 1 for Maclaren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

+1 for Maclaren! Test drove many buggies over the last few weeks but definitely the Maclaren was the best by far, i bought mine last week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

we got this one for our daughter,we'll be flying on holidays in July so we needed something light, affordable, that would recline for comfort sleeping and its perfect!

http://www.toys.ie/Dimples-City-Stroller-Red-!G00125-prod.aspx

Advertisement