Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unreal skyline

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

A hell of a lot of work alright, it would want to be well lacquered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'm not a fan of it tbh. Whats to stop the rain washing it off over time, and no clear coat to protect the finish. Good luck with the resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

He says somewhere in the thread that its all clearcoated. And considering all the stuff he's pulling out of it to reduce weight I wouldnt say he's too concerned with resale value

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Hal1 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of it tbh. Whats to stop the rain washing it off over time, and no clear coat to protect the finish. Good luck with the resale value.

Click the link in the OP, read the thread. Each part has several layers of clearcoat on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hal, he said in the thread somewhere that each panel was lacquered when it was done ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Don't you mean poor skyline?

Looks awful in my opinion, the poor car looked stunning in the first picture and having to watch it get destroyed as the pics went on was torture for me.

Sure the artwork is good but it doesn't belong on a skyline

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Looks pretty cool alright. Can't say i'd do the same if i had a skyline though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

draffodx wrote: »
    Bang on.
    Yer one is talented, they're good designs done really well. But looks hideous on a car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

A guy from Miami did this a few years ago to his Lamborghini Gallardo. Not sure if I'd have it done myself but you have to appreciate the serious ammount of work and attention of detail that went into it.

19812394100e325579dao.jpg
    1981232376a6c2fba349o.jpg
    1981250074046124a4bco.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Wow. Thats some amout of time and effort put into them cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

draffodx wrote: »
    Don't you mean poor skyline?

Looks awful in my opinion, the poor car looked stunning in the first picture and having to watch it get destroyed as the pics went on was torture for me.

Its terrible looking, i doodle stuff like that on a piece of scrap paper when im on the phone to people. The car just looks dirty now, more so...

The sharpie gillardo on the otherhand has some artistic merrit to it. I think thats alright looking. I like the wildstyle on the sides

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seriously i don't fault the amount of time and effort put into that but i think i'd rather drive a regular skyline. that skyline looks like something that wouldn't be too far out of place in a glanza boy racer meet up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

So someone very slowly vandalised a Skyline with a black marker......well done. I think next time do a H block tribute dirty protest car will looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Trying to like it....the more I try the more I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

No, just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I actually like it, dunno if I would like to drive a car like that though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Its nice as a piece of artwork, though I'm not a big fan of that sorta artwork but its not bad.

As a car, hmm... no. I wouldn't wanna drive one.

Advertisement