Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/Classes/Groups in Sligo Town?

Options
  • 28-03-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

hey, I'm looking to find a club or class to join as the boredom during the week is staggering these days, anyone know of some classes occurring during the week?

not too sure what kind of club or class i want to join so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Hi BP...lots of views but no replies...t'would probably help if you could give a few ideas as to your areas of interest. You could go try the library for info. Check out St Michaels Family Life centre, IT, pop into cafes where posters might be posted.

What about Volunteering during the day. The Co Co has a Volunteer Coordinator..good way to start networking....good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Would you do some sort of fitness class?
    My mum goes to one of those step classes a few nights a week in strandhill,she says a good few women go to it and finds it good. Not sure if your male or female btw sorry op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Have you any idea whatsoever of what kind of club it is you want to join, a more phsical based one or something a little more laid back? What about taking up a new sport like tennis or horseriding? Or joining a walking club, the only walking club that I know of would only be walking at weekends but im sure theres a few more of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

It's very hard to give advice as I haven't a clue what you are into - ... Art? Sports? ... Chapel lane studios do adult dance classes such as tap, jazz a few evenings a week. I know there are salsa classes going on somewhere too. The Gingham Duck on high street has knitting and crochet weekday afternoons. There are yoga/ pilates classes going on all the time in a number of places. If organic gardening is your thang there is a community garden in forthill that meets on weekday afternoons (contact them via St Michael's) Emmmm, for sport there is the Sligo Kayak Club (check out thier website.) That all the stuff I am into anyway :pac:. Hope it helps somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yoming

Hi,
    Didn't want to open new thread. Does any know of any Zumba classes in Sligo?I've been googling and havent found any info. However I do know of a few classes at home that my friends attend and they don't show up any where on-line so though maybe someone might know of one in their area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Yoming wrote: »
    Hi,
    Didn't want to open new thread. Does any know of any Zumba classes in Sligo?I've been googling and havent found any info. However I do know of a few classes at home that my friends attend and they don't show up any where on-line so though maybe someone might know of one in their area.

The Clarion has Zumba classes. http://www.sanovitae.com/Sligo/Timetable.aspx
    Wednesday evenings at 20:15.
    Read somewhere about more starting up there in the next couple of weeks though so give them a ring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

There is also a book club which meets at Markree Castle. Next meeting is on October 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yoming

Thanks,I had seen that one but the mobile number keeps giving a-not available network message. I'll ring the hotel its-self and see what they say.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Sligo Spanish Society are running a Beginners Spanish course, starting October 3rd at 8pm and continuing every Monday for 8 weeks. For more info email: sligospanishsociety@mail.com or check out Facebook....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sligo-Spanish-Society/179550518736142

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Lots of different things happening in the Trades CLub.

Reading & Chess clubs, Capoeira (Brazilian martial art/dance type of affair), song writers club etc.

http://www.opentradesclub.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hi,
    I know this might be a little late for you, but they're running Zumba classes in the Benwiskin Centre in Ballintrillick twice a week :) I'm not sure of the exact days/times but if you check their website/facebook it's probably on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Thanks,I had seen that one but the mobile number keeps giving a-not available network message. I'll ring the hotel its-self and see what they say.thanks

Hi there,

I'm a member of the club and we meet the first monday of every month, unless it's a bank holiday and then it's a tuesday!

Next meeting is Tuesday 01 Nov at 5.30pm in the castle.

We are reading On Green Dolphin Street by Sebastian Faulks this month.

:)

Advertisement