Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Open Water Blog (for my English Channel Solo swim)

Options
  • 28-03-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm attempting a solo English Channel swim later this year. (Like some others).

I'm trying to fund-raise for the RNLI, (being a sea-swimmer and all that).

I have an Open Water blog up and going for a while at http://loneswimmer.wordpress.com.

I'm trying to make it heavy on useful information for Open Water, rather than ("today I swam 5000 metres" type of thing).

I having no luck in fund-raising, currently at €60 due to an almost non-existent personal network.

If you're a beginner Open Water swimmer or triathlete, have a look. I've only been swimming about 4 1/2 years so it is based on things I've learned in that time. I hope you find something useful, and who knows if you, you could throw a Euro to two to the RNLI link on the blog.

Cheers
    Donal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

will take a look later, heading out the door now

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

Blog looks good, made a small donation as well - best of luck! Get the feeling from your info on waves you've a bit of surfing experience - hope you won't have to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Best of luck with it mate, good luck.

Advertisement