Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to get new Run Flats

Options
  • 28-03-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for new 19" Run Flats. Best deal I can find at the moment is Blackcircles.com

Any suggestions as to where else has good deals at the moment?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Try Conlans BMW in Kildare. I got a quote off them for Bridgestone 255/30R19 cheaper than BMW dealers in the North and also cheaper than the online prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,916 ✭✭✭✭unkel

robbie99 wrote: »
    Try Conlans BMW in Kildare. I got a quote off them for Bridgestone 255/30R19 cheaper than BMW dealers in the North and also cheaper than the online prices.

Out of interest, what was the quote you got from Conlans and what were the quotes you got from a BMW dealer in the North and what were the online prices (I presume you checked camskill and eiretyres) and how much does having them balanced and fitted add to the price of the tyres

I'd see lots of people here would like to know those figures :)

unkel wrote: »
    Out of interest, what was the quote you got from Conlans and what were the quotes you got from a BMW dealer in the North and what were the online prices (I presume you checked camskill and eiretyres) and how much does having them balanced and fitted add to the price of the tyres

I'd see lots of people here would like to know those figures :)

Only this week, these tyres... Bridgestone 255/30 R19 runflat.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=20417857.124.32084&typ=D-112851&ranzahl=4&Breite=255&Quer=30&Felge=19&Speed=W&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=124&sowigan=So&RunFlat=1

€339 on eiretyres. You'll have to add fitting, balancing and disposal of old tyres to that. Cheapest around Dublin I found was €12 per tyre so €351 altogether.

When I rang Conlans asking for their best price, they offered €350 balanced and fitted - no haggling.

Frank Keane and Joe Duffy were both looking for (I forget exactly how much and who was more expensive) around €480 per tyre.

Bavarian up north were keen to know the cheapest price I already had from here but I didn't tell them as it would've been unfair to Conlans who had already quoted me a competitive price without the advantage of knowing what other bids there were. They were looking for £331 per tyre which was already more expensive without having to add the diesel and the M1 tolls to drive up. I'm sure they would've price matched or bettered Conlans but if they did then the £331 wasn't their best price and I'd prefer to go to a dealer that's honest as well as competitive.

Last year when I first looked, tyre places I tried like Advance and Atlas were close in price to Frank Keane and Joe Duffy.

I've just checked camskill and I think they might actually cheaper than eyretyres but it's not clear to me that they deliver to Ireland or how fitting is arranged. But all of these prices are irrelevant if OP's sizes are different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm sure they would've price matched or bettered Conlans but if they did then the £331 wasn't their best price and I'd prefer to go to a dealer that's honest as well as competitive.
    There's nothing dishonest about keeping a little room to move in a price, IMO.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    There's nothing dishonest about keeping a little room to move in a price, IMO.

Fair enough, honest would not be right word, but they wanted to know what Conlans were charging before offering a price and I've no idea, nor do I need to know, how much movement on price £331 is. Out of respect to others that offered me their 'best' price I wasn't prepared to go back to say that the dealer up north who has exchange rate advantage and lower VAT has undercut you, can you match Bavarian's price? If I was buying a 50k car then I would go the whole hog and negotiate the best deal but for tyres, whoever is prepared to be the most competitive straight out will get my support.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's completely fair enough - i'd sometimes pay a little more myself to buy from someone i'm happier doing business with. I was really just pointing out the contradiction between this and your original assertion that Conlons were cheaper than dealers in the North.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've just checked camskill and I think they might actually cheaper than eyretyres but it's not clear to me that they deliver to Ireland or how fitting is arranged. But all of these prices are irrelevant if OP's sizes are different :)

Camskill do deliver to Ireland and they were alot quicker than eiretyres, usually around 2 - 3 working days. You can also get the tyres fitted by the same fitters listed on the eiretyres website.

Note though that tyre centre chains like Fastfit, Advanced Pitstop, Tyre Stop, etc will not fit tyres that you didn't buy from them. Your best bet is the small independant tyre centres.

Anan1 wrote: »
    I was really just pointing out the contradiction between this and your original assertion that Conlons were cheaper than dealers in the North.;)

I stand by that because strictly speaking, I never did get a quote up north cheaper than Conlans :) (however camskill.co.uk would probably work out cheapest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Frank Keane and Joe Duffy were both looking for (I forget exactly how much and who was more expensive) around €480 per tyre.

My God, that's is a sickening amount of money for black rubber and would get you 4 decent quality 17" tyres. You really would have to love the look of those 19's to justify it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

It's probably a fair guess to say the OP has 19" wheels and needs the tyres replaced?!!

If I were you though I'd be putting normal tyres on it and buying a can of tyre foam and a compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Advertisement