Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering

Options
  • 28-03-2010 4:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, I'm an 18year old college student and I'd really love to volunteer abroad this summer, however I cannot afford to pay anything towards it. I don't mind what the work is or where it is so long as it is outside of Ireland and preferably outside of Europe. Does anybody know of any organisations I could apply to? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The only ones that don't have huge fees require you to have a good few months training beforehand. Look up SUAS.ie for information on what you could do, but it'd be next year. You'll have to do a lot of fundraising whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=383

You might find something useful in there, however it's rare to find an organisation who will pay for your flights.

Advertisement