Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying new car

Options
  • 28-03-2010 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

just about to buy a BMW 520.
    all looks well, nice car etc..
    just concerned a little tonight when i got the service hist.
    its a 05 english reg. fsh up to sept 07 where it has 82K.
    the guy i'm buying it off bought it up north in sept 09 with 97K and it now has 101K.
    ran it through the online checks and its all good.
    was registered in ireland in jan this year
    just concerned about no service from late 07 to late 09...
    shpuld i be or should i just accept ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

the guy i'm buying it off bought it up north in sept 09 with 97K and it now has 101K.

Did he give a reason for selling? I'd be a bit wary why he's only kept it for 6 months or so?

Other than that, get an inspection done by your regular mechanic, or the AA. Always recommended for used cars, especially if its a private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

yea, i know the guy who bought it and he genuinely bought it to own but now cant afford it.

its the history prior to him that i'm slightly concerned about..prob unfounded

thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

Also, jsut wondering about the phone kit.
    Is bluetooth standard in these things?
    there is a kit installed but the cradle wont fit my phone.
    Is it easy to replce the cradle as it seems a pity to have to replace the whole wiring, mic etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If Bluetooth was standard it'd be on it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If it doesnt have the phone showing up on the built in dash display, you have an aftermarket kit. Now many of these are bluetooth as well as having the cradle. Search for bluetoth devices with your phone, if it connects up, you can pull out the cradle altogether or if you need to change the phone, you can get a new cradle. You will not need to change the whole system just the cradle provided there is a kit for your particuar phone model that suits the particular phone system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement