Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Reading: Mitsubishi L200

Options
  • 28-03-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Was reading this months issue of Car Mecahnics magazine and came across this article about L200 axle U bolts, thought I'd throw it up here

L200.jpg

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corkthai

scary, ive got mine done as a recall. But i was reading that the warning is a lot of squeaking coming from the rear. I was complaingin about this on my jeep for a year before they replaced the U bolt. Was told its normal on pick ups....now the same thing has started happening again ???? And they are saying the same thing again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Never heard of this before, I've a late 08 L200 i'll be ringing about it first thing in the morning though!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Was reading this months issue of Car Mecahnics magazine and came across this article about L200 axle U bolts, thought I'd throw it up here

L200.jpg

:eek:
    anybody able to tell me what the green light on the dash of a mitsubishi shogun sport,its got a picture of 4 wheels on it.hope someone on here can help me out,thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

the bolt wrote: »
    anybody able to tell me what the green light on the dash of a mitsubishi shogun sport,its got a picture of 4 wheels on it.hope someone on here can help me out,thanks.

In The l200, the green light with the 4 wheels on it is the 4wd light. When its green its engaged. Probably the same for the Shogun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

A picture tells a thousand words, even if the accompanying text is in Russian :D

976134aaa445f2c3a6fabd32ec98aa24superselect.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

reilig wrote: »
    In The l200, the green light with the 4 wheels on it is the 4wd light. When its green its engaged. Probably the same for the Shogun.
    thats what i thought too,but in this jeep the green light goes off when the 4x4 is engaged and comes back on when you disengage.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭dhog4n

corkthai wrote: »
    scary, ive got mine done as a recall. But i was reading that the warning is a lot of squeaking coming from the rear. I was complaingin about this on my jeep for a year before they replaced the U bolt. Was told its normal on pick ups....now the same thing has started happening again ???? And they are saying the same thing again...

It's normal enough to get a bit of noise from leaf spring suspension but, in my experience, it always means something. At best it is dirt trapped between the leaves of the springs - easily cleaned out but can eventually cause the failure of a leaf. Squeaks and grouching noises are bits of metal moving against each other in ways they were not intended to, clonking and thumping noises mean something is loose.

If you don't trust the dealer you went to before, you are entitled to get a second opinion - maybe use a different official dealer to preserve any remaining guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jayotala

corkthai wrote: »
    squeaking coming from the rear. has started happening again

This is because of wear and tear. Some vehicles can suffer a little more due to the roads the vehicle is being driven on and how much load is in the back etc.

There is a rubber part between the leaf spring and the clamp that holds it in place. As with any rubber part it can wear due to movement and friction, the leaf is then able to touch the clamp and thats what causes the squeaks.

Advertisement