Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi a4 fob problem!

Options
  • 27-03-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, i have an audi a4 2001 and the remote locking has stopped working! If i stick the key in the drivers door all the doors lock/unlock as they should, but using the fob nothing happens!

I replaced the battery in the key and got nothing, then i got them recoded and it worked that evening but went out the next morning and problem had returned! Any advice would be really appreciated .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Depress lock or unlock button
    Manually lock and unlock drivers door within 30 seconds.
    System should now lock or unlock vehicle.

If the above doesn't work it will need reprogramming. I should be able to help out there :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i have very same problem with seat leon my old key fob had just worn away and the button contacts werent working so i bought a new fob coded it myself worked briefly then stopped been like that now this months as dealer wants fortune to re-code it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

If the battery in the keyfob ran down completely, it needs to be recoded. You don't need the computer to do it as you would coding a completely new key.

Put your spare key in the ignition and turn the igntion on. Then use the key you want to reprogram to manually lock the drivers door (i.e. in the door lock). When you have the key turned to lock the door, hold it there and press the door open/close button. This should reprogram it.

If I find the range dropping on the keyfob, I change the battery. Once you do it quickly, it doesn't need to be reprogrammed. If it runs down completely, you need to do what I detailed above.

I hope this works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭skytop

Thanks for the replies! I just got the car and the guy i bought it off has the spare key, I'm getting the key tomorrow, so i'll try out your advice and report back as to it's successfulness !

Advertisement