Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Im a serious clown!

Options
  • 27-03-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Posted a thread earlier about removing scratches, so headed up to the shop, traffic so went do a u-turn and Bang!. I hit my exaust off the curb. I jammed it back, bending the bar and breaking the joint between the bar and exhaust box. It was badly erroded already.

I dont think its too bad. The brackets are broke so looking for a cheap place to repair it or else il probably be hitting the scrapyard

Anyone recommend a place to get ir repaired cheap? Around the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

What car is it? :]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Almera 02 hatchback not a stock exaust on it. Pipe comes out past the bumper thats how it got pushed back

Is it an aftermarket exhaust that was on it or?

Looks like a stock box but with just a bigger pipe on it. I onlt bought the one

So it's just the backbox that's damaged then, I'd be lookin at a scrapyard for that. Just make sure there's no rust and both brackets are still there, assuming it has 2?

• Advertisement

I had a quick look there. The pipe is a bit damaged but i think i could fix it myself. So the problem is the joint between the pipe and box.
    Im thinkink if i took two brackets off pipe in a scrap yard then weld them on?
    No both bracket bars came off to, so could cut them off too and weld them on?

Well you've said it was rusted through, so welding might not do much, check out prices on a backbox and then decide.

Advertisement