Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent reductions in the last 18-24 months?

Options
  • 27-03-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I managed to haggle my landlord for a reduction in my monthly reduction from 450euros down to 410euros per month for a double bedroom in South Dublin comparing prices on daft.ie for similar sized rooms in the areas. Apparently the monthly rent peaked at 495 euros before I moved i, my yearly lease is up in August, Ireckon I may be able to get him down by a further 30-40 euros.

A question for people what have they been able to haggle their landlord/lady in terms of rent reductions over the last 2 years.

Also for homeowners how much have they had to reduce their monthly rents by in order to entice tenants to renew leases or get new tenants?

Advertisement