Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

transit recovery hire??

Options
  • 27-03-2010 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone know if its possible to rent a transit recovery van for a day?? If so from where, ideally it would be relatively close to either cork or Dublin, or is there any crowd that would transport a car from Dublin to Cork? Any help appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

johnjoesim wrote: »
    Does anyone know if its possible to rent a transit recovery van for a day?? If so from where, ideally it would be relatively close to either cork or Dublin, or is there any crowd that would transport a car from Dublin to Cork? Any help appreciated, thanks

Is it running, or would it need winching on to the back of a recovery truck?

If it's not running the cheapest option is probably to rent a suitable trailer and get a van / "jeep" with a tow bar. A tow truck is likely to cost the guts of €400 to transport a car from Dublin to Cork (organised that a few times).

If it's a runner and you can get it to a garage with a decent amount of space, one of the 9 car transporters could take it. We use http://crosbietranscar.com/ in work for nationwide transport. Dublin to Cork is probably around €100 but it needs to be picked up and left somewhere that the trucks can turn around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

This guy is alright. He's moved a bit of stuff for me before and doesnt charge a fortune.....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1134758

• Registered Users Posts: 47 johnjoesim

Thanks for the info, that lad quoted me 250eur which isnt bad, but is there anyone out there who would do it for 200eur or know any other recovery crowd that would? To be exact it would be moved from naas co.kildare to mallow co.cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

johnjoesim wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, that lad quoted me 250eur which isnt bad, but is there anyone out there who would do it for 200eur or know any other recovery crowd that would? To be exact it would be moved from naas co.kildare to mallow co.cork

I know I gave you his number but I really dont think anybody will do it for less than €250 , I really thought he was gonna say more tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I know I gave you his number but I really dont think anybody will do it for less than €250 , I really thought he was gonna say more tbh.

Considering it averages around the €100 mark to go across Dublin I'd say you're right

• Advertisement
Advertisement