Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring Help For BB/Sky/Phone

Options
  • 27-03-2010 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Gang
    I need help getting my house ready for Sky next week.
    Have 1 phone socket in kitchen and ran phone cable into sitting room to cnnnect to BB and Phone. Eg ; Socket---Cable---Dsl Filter/Splitter---BB & Phone. Need to try and get an extra point upstairs and is it possible to put another Splitter into the Dsl Splitter to get an extra line or will that cause problems. In a new house and have NTU phone socket. Have an idea on how to use NTU extention on back plate.
    PLEASE HELP.:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You can either:

• split the telephone connection on the microfilter so one feeds the phone and run the new connection to the decoder
    • wire up to the extension module of the NTU. It's very straightforward. Just use two wires (red and green or, in newer cables, the white-blue and blue-white combinations) and run to a socket where the digibox will be situated

Sky now let you pay a once-off fee of circa €35 so you are not required to have the decoder connected to an operational landline. Just throwing it out there in case it would interest you.

The installer will appreciate you having a socket/cable there. It can be installed as part of the installation but it won't be considered as "standard installation", i.e. you'll have to pay a small fee for the extra work involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kingtorres9

Thanks Ethernet. Will try doing that 2day. Sky want the phoneline connected because it's multiroom and they say they will charge full price if it's not connected. Does anybody else have any ideas if this dont work.?

Advertisement