Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Rugby's famous "Duffman" RDS stadium announcer

Options
  • 26-03-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

500px-Duffman.png

I think he sounds like a bit like a D4 "Duffman" but kind of a crap version. He really annoys the hell out of me. He's too loud too. Quiet down and let us pretend we can wisely analyse the play over a few nice beers!

Anyone in the terrace, beside the changing rooms, think that long blonde haired skinny ass Heineken cup camera man looks like a bird in those clothes? CameraBird we call him. I'm sure there's a chant in that somewhere. Not sure I should even mention that for fear of abuse...!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Is he the announcer for Irish internationals too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

yeah he was, I always get the impression that he really just wants to be a dj in some fancy club.

I thought the music in Croker was very loud actually. I couldn't talk to the person beside me let alone hear the crowd noises that let you know a game is about to begin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yes, here's the man himself: http://declanking.com/

I'm not sure but I think there was a thread on him here already that fell foul of the axe of mod.

Not a fan of his work at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 robhall_ie

Yep, that's the same guy. :mad:

strangle.jpg

Most of the problem lies in the actual volume of the announcements.

He wouldn't be half as annoying if you weren't able to hear him on the tv too.

Turn the Tannoy down at the games please!

• Advertisement
Advertisement