Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mark 4 exhaust light on

Options
  • 26-03-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I have a 2001 1.4 Golf mark 4. The Exhaust emission warning lamp light is on in the car. It says "to get it checked by a VW dealer as soon as possible"

Is it ok, to drive for bout hour to get it fixed by my dads mate or should i try and get it looked at more locally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Well, you could have been on a motorway, more than an hour away from a VW dealer, so.... as long as it didn't say DO NOT DRIVE, you should be OK. Will your dad's mate be able to diagnose the fault and reset the light?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sometimes the EPC light comes on because of a fault with the brake light switch on the brake pedal, see if your brake lights are working correctly first.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Went home to dad's mate who is a mechanic and has the diagnostic thing for golfs. I needed petrol on way home and the light went off.

On Friday after work i over revved the engine (something dropped from console and i kept foot on accelerator. When i put in fuel it must have reset it..

Thats what the mechanic said as well. Prob just got too much fuel when i overrevved the engin

Advertisement