Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Primera CD Player

Options
  • 26-03-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Nissan Primera CD Player gone kapupt. Possible to change? Over even get to a line in cable?
    CD player is embedded into the dash hence major problem in changing it.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try a breaker's yard for a used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote: »
    Try a breaker's yard for a used one.
    Good advice, but not what the OP asked.
    stevemcf wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Nissan Primera CD Player gone kapupt. Possible to change? Over even get to a line in cable?
    CD player is embedded into the dash hence major problem in changing it.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Not your ornery onager

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Is it the new shape Primera? I've got one of them and the CD player in really embedded into the dash (see it there under the hazzard light button)

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

I'd be interested in hearing any suggestions to this too, my nephew decided last week to try to jam crayons into it. I stopped him just in time, but if the worst did happen would getting a professional to fix it be the best option considering where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭debbie123

we used to have 00 type primera ours also broke we bought a cd player in argos it is possible to change in this one there are two pin holes where u can put in rods n whole thing comes out what the professional fitter did was put in the cd player which was much slimmer than the original and put two lenghts of black plastic or grey to cover the hole that would be there did very tidy job cost us sixty euro (this could vary depending on who u go to) to pre tune all the stations connect it up and fit it and could go back if any problems with i hope this helps!!! good luck!! only took fifteen minutes to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stevemcf

Hi,

Toots - Yes, thats my car
    eels - Cheers
    Debbie - I will have a look around for those pins. Is your car the same as Toots pic? I think in 2002 they changed to the new style middle dash.

Thanks all for your suggestions....

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rebel007

K C systems in Watergrasshill , Cork fixes these units ..........well worth a shout , could save you loads on a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

debbie123 wrote: »
    we used to have 00 type primera

Different model..Different Dash...Different radio/cd player;)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stevemcf

Hi,

I sent KC Systems an email, will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I dont see the problem. That cd unit can be slipped out & repaired or replaced with one from breakers yard etc

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭debbie123

stevemcf wrote: »
    Hi,

Toots - Yes, thats my car
    eels - Cheers
    Debbie - I will have a look around for those pins. Is your car the same as Toots pic? I think in 2002 they changed to the new style middle dash.

Thanks all for your suggestions....

Steve

no steve sorry its not d one i toots pic its much flatter and more square :( hopefully ul get it sorted

• Advertisement
Advertisement