Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax question

Options
  • 26-03-2010 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Are halifax still operating on a day to day basis as normal? My sister applied for a student loan in aib but needed a guarantor, her guarantor is with halifax. AIB sent a request to halifax 2 weeks ago for the account details or what ever and have yet to hear back from them. Is this normal that it would take so long? She's really stuck for this money and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge on it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah as normal but there will be a delay as everyone is closing their account.

She could go into a branch get them to print off statements and they will stamp them for her. Most banks will accept them once officially stamped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They are still working, just under a bit of pressure i would say. Get her to ring them, and see if they will get on it straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

Thanks, the guarantor rang the bank and they said they couldn't discuss it over the phone :( The guarantor also lives an hour away from the bank and can't afford to take time off work to go up. I guess all she can do is sit back and wait!

They wont give out the information to a third party as it would breach data protection.

Get whoever owns the account to contact the bank to confirm if they have recieved the letter. Or they can ring the local branch and ask them to print off the statements and send them out.

It was the owner of the account that rang the bank and they said they wouldn't discuss it over the phone. Getting them to send out a statement might be an option thanks :D. Would they stamp it before they send it if requested?

• Advertisement

Yes they should. Be sure to say that they have already requested statements from the customer service centre a couple of weeks ago and they have not recieved them and they are needed for a loan application.

Thanks for your help :D

Advertisement