Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFT

Options
  • 26-03-2010 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Can anone recommend a gone training course in EFT please.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I can't.

I don't think any course in EFT is good.

Alternative treatments like acupuncture do work but others like homoeopathy don't do better than the placebo effect and EFT seems to be one of these.

I haven't been able to find a positive scientific review of emotional freedom technique on a respectable site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

eft isn't scient. should this not be moved?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's not science. And leaving it here means people searching will see that.

If this got moved to a non-science thread then it would just become a shouting match.

If anyone wants to claim that it is a science , then post a link from The Lancet or Nature or Scientific American or New Scientist or similar. Yes there was a study on nih.gov but the results weren't posted there.

A lot of UK health professionals are very upset at the NHS paying for treatments that haven't been proved, money that has to come from proven treatments.

Science is a level playing field, if anyone can provide reproducible evidence that goes against current theories, then it's the theories that get dumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

anamcarame wrote: »
    Can anone recommend a gone training course in EFT please.

Where in the country are you? Have you downloaded the ebook from Gary Craig's website? Good introductory information.

FFS this stuff is even worse than I thought,

here is the link http://www.emofree.com/downloadeftmanual.asp

the most popular brand it's at this point I'm convinced it's a money racket , treatments should be advertised on effectiveness

The disclaimer at the bottom , Gary is an ordained minister :rolleyes:
    Over 20 million ministers have become ordained online throughout the world by ULC. Fun and free, :)

EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques®)
    The most popular brand name in the energy healing field
    Important note: While EFT has produced remarkable clinical results, it must still be considered to be in the experimental stage and thus practitioners and the public must take complete responsibility for their use of it. Further, Gary Craig is not a licensed health professional and offers EFT as an ordained minister and as a personal performance coach
    Note the "remarkable clinical results" haven't been validated by the scientific community.

Was listening to a BBC radio 4 program where they mentioned Music Therapy and just like acupuncture , it works and just like acupuncture there are a whole load of "me too" alternatives which sound (sorry) like it but aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

All new to me - when the thread started I wondered why electric field theory didn't qualify as science.

Advertisement