Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200euro missing from savings account

Options
  • 26-03-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm not going to say who I am banking with but I checked my internet banking today, and found that 100euro had been debited from my current account (standing order) but hadnt been deposited into my savings account. Looked over my statements for the last two months and saw the exact same thing happened this time last month. Have yet to hear back from my bank. Anything similar happened to anyone else and did they get the money back? Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I assume you have a direct debit set up to transfer 100 euro monthly to your savings account? If so, you should be able to check what account it's going into by using online banking.

In my case, money transfers by standing order, and it just says SO12345678 in the details column on my current account page, where 12345678 is the savings account number.

If you have no direct debit or standing order set up, you'll need to contact your own branch to find out how it was set up. They should have the record. It could be a simple mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bowloalpen23

Sorry I didnt give enough info. I have a direct debit set up that 100euro will be transferred from my current account into my savings account every week on a thursday. From looking at my statements I noticed that 100euro was debited from my account yesterday but it is not in my savings account on the statement. The only other time this has happened before was this time last month. Its very strange I think. probably an error on their computer so I'll give them benefit of doubt but i'll be keeping a very close eye on my internet banking from now on. Rang my bank at nine o clock this morning and they were gonna order my statements but its getting late now so probably wont hear back til Monday.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Often times these transfers complete overnight. I have a savings account that us fed by direct debit which comes from our account on Thursdays and shows in the savings account on the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

Beat me to it Toots!! Was just gonna say the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bowloalpen23

just checked my statements and account balances again and still no sign of transfer. i hope i get an explanation from my bank, not some crap of "error on system". they somehow have lost 200euro of my money along the way and did not notice until i called them on it, grrr. i'm sure i'll find out on monday though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement