Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Cable Input

Options
  • 26-03-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭

Gona be movin house in a few weeks im just wondering,
    I don't think there's a telephone jack in the wall of the house im movin inta, how long will it take to get one put in?

Because obviously i'm gona need a phone before i can order the broadband lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

gamercfc wrote: »

Because obviously i'm gona need a phone before i can order the broadband lol

There are a lot of broadband providors that dont require connection via the phone line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

+1 those USB modems can be great, I have one from O2 and it does the job. No need for a telephone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I've actually just recieved an update on the house. There's an Eircom phone input jack already in the wall, the same as the one i have now.

I'm with Eircom Broadband at the moment, will i be able to just take my router with me and hook it back up?

(I'm gettin the feeling this subject is changing slightly and that i shudve put it in another thread lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,353 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to find out if there has been an account on the premises previously or you may need to pay a connection charge. To avoid the charge, you will need the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Victor wrote: »
    You need to find out if there has been an account on the premises previously or you may need to pay a connection charge. To avoid the charge, you will need the phone number.

This is a brand new house im movin inta, just built.
    And I got the broadband meself while i was in this house.

I use my broadband mostly for downloading so im using a 7mb connection
    And i use it for video games aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement