Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA League Punts

Options
  • 26-03-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Having a good run on the GAA bets so I'd give this a go, at least it's all down in black and white for me then. In particular I've been backing underdogs where I feel they are overpriced (which is fairly often considering the unpredictability of league form).

Starting bank of 100 points

Any comments welcomed.

Well here goes!

NFL
    3 points CORK -1 @ 6/5 (Lads) - Going very well in the league, should really be unbeaten and are the best team in the country at the minute, Derry very disappointing after a good first day.

2 points OFFALY to beat Cavan @ 11/8 (BWin) - If you ignore the strange win against Roscommon Cavan have been disappointing in the league, Offaly are coming off the back of a good win against the league leaders - I'd have this as a 50/50 game so the 11/8 definitely worth a punt.

1 point Tipperary +4 @ 11/10 (P Power) - Tipp are definitely under-rated in this division, they went up to Down (sounds strange!) and got a good draw (Down subsequently beat Armagh handily). Armagh are one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the division but I think the 4 pt handicap flatters them a little

3 points Waterford to beat Wicklow @ 7/4 (P Power) - Again Waterford are under-rated, they are the only team in the division to beat limerick, they're at home and they know a win should get them to the final. Micko doesn't prioritise the league even though they've been going well and 7/4 is far too big imo

NHL
    2 points Dublin to beat Cork @ 11/4 (Bet 365) - Dublin are 6 points a better team in Parnell Park than anywhere else and this is just the type of fixture Cork could slip up in. The Dubs beat Tipp handy enough up here and Tipp are a better side than Cork these days.

1 point Limerick to beat Offaly @ 11/1 (Lads) - I hesitate to suggest this one because I feel I'm throwing away money but there has to be some price that Limerick are backable at and 11/1 is just too big imo. 7 or 8s would be nearer the mark so I'll make a hopeful play here.

Also going for 1 point Carlow to win Division 2 NHL at 25/1 (BWin) - If they do beat Clare this weekend (a decent enough looking 4/1 by the way) they're guaranteed a top 2 spot if they beat Laois for which they probably wouldn't be any bigger than evens. Can then back the other team in the final to lock in a profit.

Probably a bit drawn out there and I don't expect anyone to read the full spiel but I didn't want to just post selections with no reasoning!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good luck with it man :)

A question. -1 in GAA means what exactly? Not a point down I guess? A goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Cheers :D

No it means a point. I think GAA can often result in some tasty handicap bets as the true handicap line isn't always related as directly to the match odds as soccer for example

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck Radharc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

radharc wrote: »
    Cheers :D

No it means a point. I think GAA can often result in some tasty handicap bets as the true handicap line isn't always related as directly to the match odds as soccer for example

Jeez, there could be huge value in it!
    -1 point like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

i think dublin are massive value to beat cork!! i would have expected them to be around 3/1 if they were playing in cork but 11/4 playing in parnell park is aa huge price and i reckon they'll be fairly confident of getting a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Not the best of starts with the two handicap picks losing by a single point and Limerick also going down by a point at 11/1.

Starting Bank: 100 points
    Current Bank: 95.25 points (1 still in play)

Only the 1 bet this week which was 2 points on Laois at 5/2 to beat Wexford with Lads. The gap between Laois/Carlow and Wexford/Clare is very small in the league (different story come championship) and the 5/2 was way too big. Best price available now is 11/5 and that's still too big imo.

Advertisement