Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Cause 2

Options
  • 26-03-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

This is out today, and for anybody interested in the B&M prices......

Gamestop 49.99, special Edition 49.99
    HMV 44.99, special Edition 44.99
    Game 49.99, special Edition n/a
    Smyths 49.99, special Edition 49.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thread over on the Games forum as well if you are interested...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055854077

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

got the limited edition in HMV, seems like i picked the right shop to get it in :D

Demo was a load of cack. As was the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Demo was a load of cack. As was the first game.
    Yeah, think this will be a rental, you'd probably go through it in 12/13 hours and it will gather dust then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well it depends, some are saying it takes 40 hours to complete, im 8 hours playing it and iv 6% done.

Its good fun, a nice break from the more intense games...... im looking at you heavy rain/gow3 :pac:

Oh...and it's given me l33t trophies :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

if it takes that long i might get it, iss it repetitive though

Cant really answer that yet, as the map is so insanely huge there's loads to do and find so it will keep you busy for a long time. I dunno if the joy of blowing shít up, exploring and using the grappling hook will wear off, guess it depends on the person....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Crosáidí wrote: »
    if it takes that long i might get it, iss it repetitive though
    It is repetative,but the fun comes from the sandbox nature of it and finding things to do yourself. There's loads of weird little things to do,like tethering an enemy to a gas canister and shooting it so it goes flying into the sky, draggig him with it.

And there's loads of stuff to collect, bases and towns to blow up/liberate, and Easter eggs to find.

I say rent it and then you'll know for sure if you want to buy it. But I can't see anyone not likng the game unless they just don't like this type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Now i only played the demo, but i can't see how anyone is paying good money for this game. The demo was exactly like the first game, which was pretty crappy.

I don't mind a bit of repetition but when you combine that with really awkward controls and crappy shooting it becomes a real pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i picked this up yesterday and think it is brilliant,i never played the first one so i cant really compare it to that,
    the map is fecking huge, if your going to rent it get if for a week!

it may get repetitive but i doubt it,its only a certain person who will enjoy it though,if you took months to clear grand theft auto because you got distracted causing mayhem you have to buy this game!!

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Now i only played the demo, but i can't see how anyone is paying good money for this game. The demo was exactly like the first game, which was pretty crappy.

I don't mind a bit of repetition but when you combine that with really awkward controls and crappy shooting it becomes a real pain in the hole.

Yeah the controls are tricky, but once you master them it's great. kinda like the Driving in GTA 4 that everyone complained about initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I thought the first game was a laugh and enjoyed the demo of this so I'll probably pick it up soon enough.

It think it's true though about some types of people just won't like it but some will love it.

I like that it's not serious and you can do all the ridiculous stuff with the grappling hook and such. Reason I liked the first game too, not trying to be realistic just fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I thought the first game was a laugh and enjoyed the demo of this so I'll probably pick it up soon enough.

It think it's true though about some types of people just won't like it but some will love it.

I like that it's not serious and you can do all the ridiculous stuff with the grappling hook and such. Reason I liked the first game too, not trying to be realistic just fun :D

kinda like GTA SA . not realistic just fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I think it's pretty damn great. Put 8hrs in yesterday, just lots and lots of mindless fun. They put a massive amount of work into rewarding you for blowing **** up!

YouTube intergration is also a massive win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RAIN wrote: »
    I think it's pretty damn great. Put 8hrs in yesterday, just lots and lots of mindless fun. They put a massive amount of work into rewarding you for blowing **** up!

YouTube intergration is also a massive win.

FYP...

EDIT: wtf?? Private video...friend request...Tried to fix it for ya...

F1ngers wrote: »

FYP...

EDIT: wtf?? Private video...friend request...Tried to fix it for ya...

Ah crap, did it from my phone. I'll log on and fix it later. Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

i was really looking forward to playing this demo (which i only got around to this morning lol) first off tried to jump off the mountain and ended up in a blue screen of death! no happy with that.

did eventually manage to get a bit of play done. looks quite nice game overall but that glitch would put me off buying it

Lots of people complained about the Demo but hand on heart the finished game doesn't have any major glitches that I saw in the last 16hrs of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Rezident

Brillant game, so much content and it looks gorgeous. The potential for stunts in insane. Excellent fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Enjoying the game, its good to go back to it after a few days off and just get in some fun gaming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement