Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone remember First Samurai on the C64

Options
  • 26-03-2010 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

god I loved that game! it had everything, fighting, platforming and chest to give you hidden goodies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've never played First Samurai, but its sequal The Second Samurai is a really underrated Megadrive game that you should check out (If you haven't already!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I was more of a last ninja guy rather than first samurai tbh..;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Only ever played it on the Amiga, loved that game! Always remembered the music was class too, First Samurai theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Only ever played it on the Amiga, loved that game! Always remembered the music was class too, First Samurai theme tune.
    Same as ! Great little game, especially with the Amigas sound ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Love the game on the Amiga, at the time the graphics were great, and not having a SNES it was my first introduction to Metroid style game play (albet not nearly as large as Metroid) where you would go back over bits of levels later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I was more of a last ninja guy rather than first samurai tbh..;)

Hehe i get jokes !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The was a great movement of class Amiga devs crossing to Megadrive development, it was one of the reasons that the machine did so well in europe perhaps.
    With the likes of Speedball 2, Chaos Engine, Super Skidmarks to name but a few, they offered something quite unique compared to the output from Japan and the US.
    Psygnosis, Sensible, Bitmap Brothers all great Amiga devs turned great Megadrive devs, it was one area where the poor old Snes didn't get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Desert Strike, The Chaos Engine, Cannon Fodder and Sensible Soccer were all released on the Snes. So it got a few of them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

The snes version was the best,the music and sound effects were among the best of the 16 bit era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

have chaos engine on my cd32,love it,especially the talkie intro on it :D..

• Advertisement
Advertisement