Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 2008.Saloon Petrol. Road Noise

Options
  • 25-03-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey all

I have noticed from the time I first got my car to now.. the road noise inside the car has become louder... I am a real worry-wart kinda person so if I hear anything different than normal I wonder about it. A few weeks ago I noticed every time I hit the break the steering wheel would pull to the right. So brought it to the dealers and told him about noise as well and he had a look at it and came back to me and said break discs are faulty so he but 2 new front ones on. The car is not pulling to the right any more now and he said the sound was normal. But I can still here a lot of road noise I can still kinda feel the road in the steering when I go over 100km. the car has about 65km on it . just got 4 new tires, as well thought that would help.

Anyone having the same problem.. or any answers to this?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

you could get lucky here but i would post on http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/

the guys there were quite helpful when I had my Mazda3

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dave29

Thanks for the reply mate il look in to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Dave29 wrote: »
    ..I can still kinda feel the road in the steering when I go over 100km....
    This bit says ''Wheel Balance' to me. When you got the tyres fitted, are you sure the wheels were balanced?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dave29

Thanks everyone for getting back to me. i think i will just go to another mazda dealer. and she what they say.

Thanks again

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Don't know if this helps OP but my parents traded in a well used old corolla for a brand new mazda 3 last year & strangely enough my father reckons the mazda is much noisier on the motorway.
    I was skeptical but when i took the car for a spin myself & got her up to about 60mph there is a fair bit of tire roar off the underside of the car.
    Its a much better car than their old corolla in every respect but it is definitely a bit louder on the open road.
    Ive heard of a similar loud rumble noise occurring in the older octavias as well.

I suppose some cars are just noisier than others when they go past a certain speed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement