Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change number or switch networks?

Options
  • 25-03-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Right folks - i am currently with O2 and have been for about 13 years. The problem is, any services other than basic calls and texts will not work. O2 has tried everything and cannot get it to work ( new sim cards, new phone cancel and reset up my account etc...)

The thing is, i want to remain with o2 because 70% of my main contacts are also with O2 and with my prepay deal- i get free calls and texts. I would also like to keep my number after having it for such a long time.
    So here are my options:
    I can just get a new o2 sim card and number and start from scratch or,
    Now, i am not sure if this will work- transfer my number to another network and then after a short time, transfer back to o2 and hope this fixes the problem?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

The thing is, i want to remain with o2 because 70% of my main contacts are also with O2 and with my prepay deal- i get free calls and texts.

If you have tried a new SIM and still have an issue the next option would be to change number if you wish to stay with o2 otherwise port your number to a new provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

if you have had new sim cards why do you think having a different number will make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Vanbis wrote: »
    If you have tried a new SIM and still have an issue the next option would be to change number if you wish to stay with o2 otherwise port your number to a new provider.

But if i then port my number back to o2 after a certain period of time, will my original problem still exist?

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    if you have had new sim cards why do you think having a different number will make any difference?

Sorry- i should have said - i have tried numerous replacement sim cards from o2. New sim- same number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

But if i then port my number back to o2 after a certain period of time, will my original problem still exist?

I couldn't say for certain but its a risk at this stage worth taking. I would imagine your somewhat desperate at this stage.

If it was me i would port my number to a new mobile provider, nothing to lose at this stage.

• Advertisement

Yep - desperate and frustrated. Have been trying to get it sorted for a long time!! So it looks like i will have to port my number to another network and then back to o2. I know its a long shot- but has anyone else tried to do this and has it worked?

So called o2 today to get the unlocking code for my phone- they said it will take a few weeks for sony ericcson to send them out the code!!! Surely there is a quicker way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Is your problem one of coverage?

No- i have full coverage here. I ended up switching numbers anyway.

Advertisement