Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open betting

Options
  • 25-03-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Betting for the Irish Open is now up on a few sites.

If anyone wants a price on Boyles just let me know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MoltenRock

any professional punter ever realistically look to make money on these betting rounds. i mean the odds are surely crap and boyles and pp and lads wouldnt take on any decent sized bet anyway would they. now i know there is the story of neil channing backing himself in IO but i wouldnt be surprised iof that was a publicity stunt by PP. just like something they would like to have going around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

MoltenRock wrote: »
    any professional punter ever realistically look to make money on these betting rounds. i mean the odds are surely crap and boyles and pp and lads wouldnt take on any decent sized bet anyway would they. now i know there is the story of neil channing backing himself in IO but i wouldnt be surprised iof that was a publicity stunt by PP. just like something they would like to have going around.

€50,000 publicity stunt?

wouldnt take on any decent sized bet..who do you want to bet? How much? What % do you think Boyle's are betting to on this book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I got a big tip from a lad in the know and he has told me Marty smyth is a cert. He only has to turn up to collect the title.Get on

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

Hear my great picks for who I think will run deep and take it down, out of the Irish on www.thepokershowlive.com tonight

you may be surprised!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

from the PPP Press Archives
    Irish Open Champion Neil Channing wins £50,000 personal punt with Paddy

02nd April

Neil Channing added £50,000 to the €801,400 he took home for winning the paddypowerpoker.com Irish Open over the Easter weekend by putting a bet on himself with the Irish bookmakers.

Channing, a professional poker player and former bookie from London, had put £500 on himself to win the tournament at 100/1 with paddypower.com who offered up to date odds throughout the Irish Open including betting in running on the final table.

He placed the bet at the start of Day 2 when he was in 64th position from the 257 remaining players. At the time he had 34k chips compared to the leader’s 99k.

“I think it is great what Paddy Power have done for the Irish Open,” said a delighted Channing. “They ran a great event, added €200,000 to the prizepool and offered a really good book on the tournament. They went a lot further than many other bookmakers would go.”

This is the second time in 3 years that the Irish Open Champion has added to their windfall by punting on themselves. The 2006 champion Vincent Melinn added €47,000 to his €350,000 winner’s cheque by backing himself with Paddy Power before the event.

paddypower.com, who offer poker betting on all major tournaments throughout the year, are already looking forward to next year’s event and have today launched their outright winner market for the Irish Open 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Could you please put up odds on a Paul Logue, who qualified through the card player freeroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

Betting for the Irish Open is now up on a few sites.

If anyone wants a price on Boyles just let me know
    Wow!!Boyles have the best prices by far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Hi Ciaran can you price me up so the lads can throw a fiver EW on the cause..

Eoin Lynch

p.s 10000/1 is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Hi Ciaran can you price me up so the lads can throw a fiver EW on the cause..

Eoin Lynch

p.s 10000/1 is about right.

Sorry just seen this now . Will be up on the site ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Hi Ciaran can you do the same for Peter O Dowd please, he's a paddypower qualifier.Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement