Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Boot Size

Options
  • 25-03-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm planning on buying an opel astra 2008 ish and just wondering what the boot size is like especially for fitting golf clubs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You can get them in with a bit of pushing and shoving but you'll have to take the woods out. Bags at an angle then too in there because boot isn't wide enough. That's in a 5 door, maybe the 3 door or saloon is more accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Damn I thought as much alright. Back to the drawing board. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You'll find that with a lot of hatches that size. Pain in the backside. I couldn't get mine out of my Leon one night in the p1ssing rain. 2 inches wider and problem solved:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Time for a Skoda Octavia recommendation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

No idea about gold clubs but I've just had a 2008 rental for a few days, my thoughts -

Refined cruiser
    Excellent suspension refinement, no bump thump (feels like a class up)
    Crisp handling and direct steering
    Nippy diesel but peaky power delivery
    Excellent build, no rattles (on a 2 year old rental!)
    Pretty lousy dash design and controls and bland exterior
    Illegible ventilation controls
    Boot smaller than Focus

Overall MUCH better than expected.

Given that they have done a great job on the interior of the new one I would imagine that it must be a really nice car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I had a 2008 Astra SXI - brilliant car to drive etc but in the end got rid of it simply because the boot was too damn small.

Golf clubs biggest issue, sure you'll get them in at a squeeze with woods out but trolley etc then barely fit (end up throwing them accross back seat - it was worse if going out to play golf with OH and tried to carry two sets of equipment - ended up hiring golf trolley at course.

On a more practical level hard to load boot for a holiday either - 2 cases and you are struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

I have a 2006 sxi and although I dont fit golf clubs in the boot I do have to place a childs stroller in on a daily bases and i dont find it very difficult to be honest...just my experience

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A Pug 407's boot isn't wide enough for a golf bag. You have to remove the (golf) driver and fairway woods.

Advertisement