Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer gen Voice over

Options
  • 25-03-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Ive been asked to do a blog updates for a weekend covering a sport event..

Its mostly going to be interviews and locked off cameras but I could do with a small amount of voice over to tie it all in..

Has anyone used a computer gen voice over software? Im a one person crew so ya looking for the easy way out..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Most video editing programs will do this no problem. All you have to do is record the audio, save it as clips (mp3) then import the audio into the timeline of whatever vid editing program that you choose to use. actually quite easy to do depending on how you are choosing to caputure the vid in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

Sorry Im looking for software that will generate voice over for me.. Ya know copy and paste the script into it and it will give it to me in a computer voice that sounds real..

Odd but interesting request. Convert type to voice live? http://www.ispeech.org/users/register/demo

Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Well it will sound err computer generated....

Would it would be quicker to read the voive over yourself?

Well funnily enough the above link and program sounds pretty impressive for a computer generated voice text program. But the easier option as mentioned would be to narrate it yourself and import the audio into the video edit program timeline.

The use of a 'clapper board' would be v.useful as well. The board will provide a visual cue and an audio spike (easy to see on the timeline) which can be used to place the audio accurately into the timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jobran

hello,
    i read your problem must video editing software are available in the market which can do this very well. But i will also share your problem with my friend when they give me any conclusion than i will inform you .
    thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php this does a pretty decent job also has a range of voices too.

the key to text to speech programmes is the voices. the stock voice in windows is a guy called sam. Its a poor voice but you can download some seriously awesome ones.

I made a documentary using computer voices a few years back. I did ridiculous amount of research and downloaded a ridiculous amounts of voices etc. Most of the prog names i cant remember but the are on a hard disk backup if you want i can give it a look

Just remembered one, acappella the do an ap and voices check this out http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-speech-interactive-demo.html

Advertisement