Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserved loot in pugs...

Options
  • 25-03-2010 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

The polite way to ninja items.

Heard that last night and made me laugh. Do you guys see this on your realms? Usually its only 1 item, like a tanking or dps trinket. But last night i seen the usual trade message with 8 reserved items, and not just for one class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

That was wigglez wasnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah i think so. But back on topic please ;)

I wont join reserved item PUGs either, regardless of whether i need the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Its stupid really, infact i /facepalm when i see it...

Anti how the hell did they list 8 reserved items?

Must have been some spam message....

:D

Yeah, was about 7 messages in a row. The only things i seen following it were stuff like "Lol ****ing swefags"

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

yup seen it going for quite a while now, particually for the trinkets in toc 25 and ICC. pain in the arse alright

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its not new, happening for months at this stage.

If the item you want is reserved dont go, otherwise theres no point in not going.

Its clever imo, this guys put the effort into organising a pug which is the most frustrating thing in wow, and they deserve a reward, the item they want.

Nothing wrong with it imo and I dont mind, if you need the item reserved you simply dont go.

There really is no discussion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I think its a pain in the ass. The whole idea of rolling is to keep it fair. I'm not going to work for a PUG just so some lad can get any decent loot - that's why I always need on reserved items. Especially when I don't need them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

well if you can need on reserved items then the raid leader is doing something very wrong with masterlooter. how's all that saronite you reserved Longo?
    "GUIZE WTF IS RARE!?"

but yeah i can see why some people do it, it doesn't bother me when it's one item, if you need it then simply don't go. the last couple of icc25's i've gone with two other rogues that already have what i need and if a hunter rolls there'll be war.

a whole world of war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

been seeing this happen on Kor'gall since Ulduar was patched in and people realised leviathan was easy
    "LFM FL mace reserved"

still see it with os3d drake loot and even ony, sad server, so very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Wouldn't it just be easier to setup a group that's going to make it unlikely that someone else will roll on your item? Eg. LFM FL mace - push for rogues or enhancement shamans for filling your melee. Make it caster heavy.

Maybe that's just putting in too much effort.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

TBH its part of everthing thats wrong with Pugs lately .
    (i.e. requiring looking for lucicrously high "GS" or pointless achievements),

Basically people dont want to have to work at a pug raid ,(i.e. wanting everyone to have higher gear score than them and don't want to have to take the chance on losing a roll on gear.
    Thats why I dont PUG much these days.

TBH its part of everthing thats wrong with Pugs lately .
    (i.e. requiring looking for lucicrously high "GS" or pointless achievements),

i saw a muppet looking for 5.7K GS for ICC10 last night. I was shocked. And they were only doing the first four bosses....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Notorious wrote: »
    I think its a pain in the ass. The whole idea of rolling is to keep it fair. I'm not going to work for a PUG just so some lad can get any decent loot - that's why I always need on reserved items. Especially when I don't need them at all.

I guess if your going to be a dìckhead like this its not wonder you only end up in PUGS that dont use masterloot.

If you want an item thats reserved, dont join the raid. If you dont need the item, then your free to join. His item might not even drop so if you win something else your coming out AHEAD of him.

Your not working any harder than any of the other 24 people, and in fact the RL is working a LOT harder in keeping whiny kids like you happy.

I Run a lot of pugs and very rarely reserve things. Sometimes i do but the pugs i do always use the +1 loot method which is the fairest way to do pug loot. That way even if i reserve something, im not getting anything else.

Pugs that have any more than 1 item reserved are just retarded

Shougeki wrote: »
    i saw a muppet looking for 5.7K GS for ICC10 last night. I was shocked. And they were only doing the first four bosses....

Seen that myself, i thought it was a joke. I'm really hoping there is a free server migration soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Dustaz wrote: »
    I guess if your going to be a dìckhead like this its not wonder you only end up in PUGS that dont use masterloot.

Your not working any harder than any of the other 24 people, and in fact the RL is working a LOT harder in keeping whiny kids like you happy.

I was having a laugh, try not to take it too personally. No need to be throwing names about.

I don't see how the RL is working harder though. Ok maybe s/he might've had a tough time trying to get a group together, but essentially they're only looking for people to carry them through a raid so they can be guaranteed the loot they want.

The system of rolling is there for a reason; so people have a fair chance of getting the good loot. If they don't get the piece the first time, then they should just try get another run going.

As Anti said, it's the polite way to ninja items. In truth, at least they're letting you know their intentions instead of just ninja-ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

there's a guild on my toons server, which specialize in ninjaing raidloot in pugs. its actually quite funny to see tradechat after something has been ninja'd - you automaticly know its someone from trancendence who was masterlooter and fleeced a load of stuff they cant even use to flog to vendors.

i honestly think masterloot should be removed from the game as the roll system currently is pretty good, a lot better than it was at least.

do any of you guys still use dkp in guildraids?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

if he's masterlooter then it's all his loot. full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hard to ignore Gs on outland now.

My DK is having a horrid time. Hes pulling 6-7k in 25mans and 5.5k in 10mans, doing well for a low gearset.

I'm capable for toc's and icc's but just cant get past the inspection barrier due to well, not having whopper gearscore,

The funny thing is because the average gearscore is going up, so is the requirement.

It used to be 5.2k for an icc10man, now its 5.5k, and ToC25's wanting 5.2k.

I have achievs thanks to invites from friends, but thats not enough anymore, I've to magically increase my Gearscore before being invited to pugs.

Its also led to a shocking amount of people on my server buying the wrathful pvp cloth wrists and feet, like slackers, just to bump GS...

worst of all, they get invited and its not noticed until i say something : /

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I just wish they'd hurry up and introduce a cross battlegroup random raid option, like with the dungeons.
    I don't pug raids anymore, too annoying. I also don't raid anymore it seems as I can't get in the raids without pugging for gear firstly
    So I really just cba anymore ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Was in toc 25 a couple of times there and ppl seem to arrive when reach last boss. Been in groups where been short ppl up till last boss or 2 and then everyone seems to want in. Or some people do up till last boss and swap players in/out for it, or call it after 1/2 wipes that been doin well up till then *suspicious*.

Had a VOA 25 there couple weeks ago. Hunter had ran it prity well last few weeks then Hunter 264 legs drop ...... grabs them and leaves party :/ His guild kicked him out and he somehow formed another one but community seems to think this new guild is a whose who of ninja's on the server :P nice to have them all in one place :D.

Mage rolled on DK stuff there other night and dosy raid leader gave it to him, took him like 20 mins to find them in his bag after insistin they werent there :/ And in TOC 25 last night he rolled twice on a item. 2nd invalid roll was the highest and again the RL didnt spot it :/ Think he passed it to the winner but shows problems with pugs :(

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I tanked ToC 10 man the other night, a pair of bracers dropped (much better than mine), so me and other tank rolled, i won and he got the bracers. He didnt even need them, even other ppl in the grp complained that i had won and he had gotten them. I said fine, you piss me about and ill bail. The tank sent me tells saying he would give them to me, i said screw you and left. On my way back to dally, the rl sent me tell saying the other tank would give me them. So i went back, other tank said lets go, i said we aint going no where till i get bracers. Anyway i got them, but it beats the hell out of me why some eejit is prepared to screw u over for like 5-6 gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i honestly think masterloot should be removed from the game as the roll system currently is pretty good, a lot better than it was at least.
    Do you pay any attention? The roll system is unchanged in raids. Its only in cross realm dungeons that the changes in the n/g/d roll have occured (ie people being unable to roll need on armour they cant equip etc). Introducing that system to xrealm raids would be a complete nightmare.

We use the roll method in 10 man guild runs where its Need for mainspec, Greed for offspec and we can trust noone to press disenchant. If everyone passes, then we diss it. Its a pretty good system, but it fails when you have people you dont know as disenchant is on the same priority as greed. People sharding stuff ahead of people that would actually use the item is not a good idea.

For pug raids the best way to deal with loot is still masterloot (of course it depends on having a sensible masterlooter). That way in theory, the loot goes to the people who actually need it.

Any pug i organise has pretty standard loot rules. When i roll an item, ill call for Mainspec rolls first. If noone needs for ms, ill do an OffSpec roll. Everyone starts off with a score of 0. When you win a mainspec item, you get +1 to your score and you cannot win another mainspec item if someone with a lower score is rolling against you. Offspec loot does not incur the +1 penalty but tokens do.

This system works really well and ensures that a lot more people can win items and it also means you can 'save' up for an item you really want like RotU or DBW by not rolling on anythng else. The only difficulty with it is tracking the +1's but hey, thats what pen and paper was invented for.

Actually on an aside, i have 2 seperate mods, a masterloot mod and an addon that tracks +1 winners. Anyone know of an addon that does both?
    do any of you guys still use dkp in guildraids?
    Of course people still use DKP. It has its drawbacks but its a LOT fairer than just rolling as it takes into account time spent helping the raid and not just turning up for 1 farm raid and rolling on everything.

Loot Coucil is probably the most fair system out there but thats a potential nightmare if the RL and officers arent scrupulously fair with the distribution of loot.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I just wish they'd hurry up and introduce a cross battlegroup random raid option, like with the dungeons.
    Its going to be a ninja loot nightmare when they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

oh reading this thread I'm so glad I quit wow. GS? FFS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dustaz wrote: »
    Loot Coucil is probably the most fair system out there but thats a potential nightmare if the RL and officers arent scrupulously fair with the distribution of loot.
    Loot Council - The guaranteed way to get drama, emo and general bitching (and this is before we start going in on the online gf, cyber, rl meetings and datings scenarios which I've seen waaaay to many times).

To date over 10+ MMOs I've only seen Loot council work for one guild and only because the raid leader was a total dictator which people trusted 110%.

Macros42 wrote: »
    oh reading this thread I'm so glad I quit wow. GS? FFS.

a real quitter wouldn't still be reading the forums xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It was an accident. I was heading to the Eve forum and my mouse slipped :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nody wrote: »
    Loot Council - The guaranteed way to get drama, emo and general bitching (and this is before we start going in on the online gf, cyber, rl meetings and datings scenarios which I've seen waaaay to many times).

To date over 10+ MMOs I've only seen Loot council work for one guild and only because the raid leader was a total dictator which people trusted 110%.

Worked fine for my last 3 guilds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement