Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips For Beginners

Options
  • 25-03-2010 2:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭

i only got the game there tuesday, im loven it, absolutly hooked, im not the best at the mo,but im not abolutly deadful,im just wondering do you's have any tips,iv notice a few airstrikes (not from helicoptors or uav) just wondering how ye get or use them,
    wouldn't mind a few tips on usen veichels (spelling) and the uav,
    i dunno info for new playes to the game,havnt really been ablw to find decent vids.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They are mortars....called in by Recon (snipers)

If you are gonna be recon, use your mortars and sensor balls, really helps the team out.

Best Tip I'd say - Join a squad + Play as Medic

The rest will fall into place as you play.....people will post a ridiculous amount of tips up, but you'll not be able to digest and use it all, and you'll figure it out ingame in the time it would take to read it all anyways

UAV is used to spot people, but most effective for killing tanks, or snipers if you have the ALT-WP perk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They are mortars....called in by Recon (snipers)

If you are gonna be recon, use your mortars and sensor balls, really helps the team out.

Best Tip I'd say - Join a squad + Play as Medic

The rest will fall into place as you play.....people will post a ridiculous amount of tips up, but you'll not be able to digest and use it all, and you'll figure it out ingame in the time it would take to read it all anyways

UAV is used to spot people, but most effective for killing tanks, or snipers if you have the ALT-WP perk

cheers man im after puttin a bit of time in playin assault,will i bother to start again playin as a medic,i was messin with the uav a few times,but was up to nothin with it,was taken ages to fire, i cant get over how good this game is,i was a die hard modern warfare 2 head,but this game blows it out the water.

With the ALT-WP perk on UAV you get like a mini machine gun, great for killing attack choppers or harrassing players.
    The missile on the UAV should be used vrs vehicles and mounted machines if about, else try hit someone.

But yeah, you will eventually have to cover ALL kits to unlock all the weapons etc, so you may aswell start now.

Different kits for different maps/situations.

I.e. , if you decide to drive a tank, be an engineer.....but you'll read on these and other forums, complaints etc about how good the medic is...TOO good.
    Once you unlock the M60

nice 1 man

Oh, and I know its prob a bit early, or not sure if you have experience with it...

But being in a clan, or playing with groups of people you know while on comms (ventrillo/teamspeak) is a great help, also adds to the enjoyment of the game and also the teamwork aspect

I know many of the lads here will have their own little groups...incl myself (ye can add me on steam : CTASeantheMan , or xfire : seantheman ) and come on our Vent channel and play along if you like ;)

• Advertisement

Oh, and I know its prob a bit early, or not sure if you have experience with it...

But being in a clan, or playing with groups of people you know while on comms (ventrillo/teamspeak) is a great help, also adds to the enjoyment of the game and also the teamwork aspect

I know many of the lads here will have their own little groups...incl myself (ye can add me on steam : CTASeantheMan , or xfire : seantheman ) and come on our Vent channel and play along if you like ;)

would defo loven to play a few games with ye,but im playin it on a ps3,cheers man for the invite, its muck im the only 1 outta me mates who has this, they wont break away from COD,im always stuck in a squad by myself,im actually doin alright,i cant get over how good this game is. cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Have your knife key binding in a very easy place i.e. Mouse 4 :D

R0ot wrote: »
    Have your knife key binding in a very easy place i.e. Mouse 4 :D

Walk us through how he does that one Root given that "he's playing on PS3" :P :P

Maybe a post in the PS3 forum might help, prob find a few people on there playing

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055818877&page=31

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Walk us through how he does that one Root given that "he's playing on PS3" :P :P

Maybe a post in the PS3 forum might help, prob find a few people on there playing

If he was awesome enough he'd know how, as would you.

nice one,didnt realize i was in the pc forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

nice one,didnt realize i was in the pc forum

Historically the Battlefield franchise was a PC one, so the forum here gets the PC players. The XBox and PS3 seems to prefer their console specific forums instead.

The PS3 mega-thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055818877&page=31

should get you other PS3 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I'm still struggling with aiming and shooting. For whatever reasons, the target won't just die! :mad: Any tips especially working wt the mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

use burst fire. don't just hold down the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Uhm spray and pray works wonders for those who may be intoxicated tbh. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I did see a video on youtube which helped me a wee bit, hadn't realised Q was so important for example.

Advertisement