Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing Rent

Options
  • 25-03-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi

Just in the process of renewing the rent contact for another 6 months. Landlord turned up with one copy of the contract (wasnt that clever).
    Found out that the management fee hasnt been paid and there was a letter in appartment complex saying that services would be withdrawn from those who hadnt paid (parking, bins, tv).
    Rang him and he said that he had paid the fee and didnt know what that was about but the list was dated tuesday and listed the appartments that had paid and which hadnt. Tried contacting the management company to find out whats going on but nobody was available to deal with it.
    I want to see proof that management fees have been paid before signing the renewal. Is there anyway that the fees can be put upon the occupant (i.e. me) ?

Anyone encountered a similar situation and got recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

there is no way the fees can be put on you the owner is responsible for them.

Im no so sure the management company can remove services like you have listed though.

your bins wont be individual i would have though but a communal disposal system,

your parking space i would doubt is covered by the management fee but is part of the lease signed by the owner when he "bought" the apartment.

And I doubt they have the ability to be able to individually disconnect from the TV service maybe they do.

Sounds like a load of empty threats to be honest, that said if the landlord isnt paying his management fee Id be wary about signing a lease regardless, whos to say hes been making his mortgage payments if hes not paying his other bills ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You're not liable for the fees. How did you find out the LL didnt pay? Was it on the letter or did the mgt company tell you?

Just curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

gurramok wrote: »
    You're not liable for the fees. How did you find out the LL didnt pay? Was it on the letter or did the mgt company tell you?

Just curious :)

Letter in the lobby listing which appartments had paid and which hadnt. Seems that some appartments are in severe arrears.

Access to facilities are mentioned are via swip key. The management plan is to issue everyone who has paid a new key code to access the services. Therefore they would have 2 (1 for appartment block and 1 to access carpark and bins). This would be costly but is something they may pursue if arrears are that bad.

My thoughts are as per those above. if this hasnt been paid then, what else isnt being paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

mac09 wrote: »
    Letter in the lobby listing which appartments had paid and which hadnt. Seems that some appartments are in severe arrears.

Access to facilities are mentioned are via swip key. The management plan is to issue everyone who has paid a new key code to access the services. Therefore they would have 2 (1 for appartment block and 1 to access carpark and bins). This would be costly but is something they may pursue if arrears are that bad.

My thoughts are as per those above. if this hasnt been paid then, what else isnt being paid.

Mac I think its an idle threat to be honest. It would be cost prohibitive for them to do this besides which I would imagine preventing access to waste removal would be a severe Health and safety violation, and Id suggest that locking some residents out of some area access is probably aginst fire regulations aswell.

But it all goes back to the last line. If mgmt fees arent being paid what else is overdue.

Advertisement