Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 berth camper van wanted for rental

Options
  • 25-03-2010 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Looking for 4 berth camper van to rent for 2nd sept 2010 for 4 nights.

We are a family (two adults & two children 3yrs & 5yrs)

Look forward to any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

THats Electric Picnic weekend so your chances will be even less than usual. You very rarely get private renting so you are better going to an official renter before the EP crowd get them all booked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Hi Clionaricho,

Thanks for reply, yep EP is why I need it as going with the kids this year and think it might be better to get the van as opposed to camping, more security too!

I have tried a few mainstream companies but all booked out!!

That's why I thought I'd try a private rental?

Any tips or advice re camping etc for EP welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Ireland West motor homes (no affiliation btw, and I've not used them)

New company

http://www.iwmotorhomes.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Thanks for details sent enquiry but most companies I have contacted are fully booked for these dates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

hi damlar.would you consider a large van and throw a couple of mattress in.a small gas cooker and a porta potti.even if you rent the van and buy porta potti and small gas cooker it still will be much cheaper than renting a camper.good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Yeah to be honest at EP they say that they are strict on conditions that define campervans but in reality there is every shape of van there, and many are just vans with matresses. I know East Coast Campers were renting them out last year but no idea on costs etc. They are based outside Gorey in Inch.

Good luck,

PS: apparently the family campsite at EP is great and not like the ordinary one.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Why not rent or buy a caravan? You would probably buy one for the some the crazy prices the rental companies charge! Mind you I think insurance is a major cost when renting.
    Anyway - I know the other major music festival allows caravans in the campervan area. Now - - - -where to go about renting a caravan???

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Ireland West motor homes (no affiliation btw, and I've not used them)

New company

http://www.iwmotorhomes.com/

Hi Damler,

Ireland West Motorhomes fully booked out for Electric Picnic weekend.
    if i had 20 campers for that weekend i would be already booked out.

I'd imagine you'll find it quite difficult to get anything,even at this early
    stage.
    We are a new company so its likely the older/more established rental companies would be booked before us.

I hope you find something because it is a great weekend and quite
    suitable and safe for kids too.

Hi Fingers, thanks for the mention.

kind regards,

Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Advertisement