Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Swimming Pool - Cost to maintain

Options
  • 25-03-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭

I have been toying with the idea of moving house and have come across an ideal house at a decent price. But the house actually has an indoor swimming pool, it's not something that I would be too keen to have, but the price of the house seems like a bargain and as a bonus has a swimming pool.

Has anyone have any idea what the realistic cost of maintaining a Pool, it looks about 10 meters long and 5 meters wide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Heating it would be the main cost, and there's the pump, chemicals and cleaning it as well.

Not something I'd be keen to have, either, even though I love swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

ellejay wrote: »

Wow that's a cracker of a house.

I saw one in Dunshaughlin at the weekend. It's interesting how it's not more prominent in the advertisement. I presume it's because it is expensive to maintain and would turn certain folk off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

that isn't the house but it is a cracker.

While I don't particularly want a swimming pool, it would be nice, but I don't know if i would be bothered with all the maintenance, cost of heating etc ...

I find it hard enough to keep the garden right !!

Has anyone any real idea of what you would be looking at monthly for heating ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

cost would be zero if you drained it and didn't use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

sorry op, no clue how much.

i asked because i know the owners of above house, they've moved out of house already but rent out the swimming pool for lessons etc.

maybe try the building and constuction forum, there's a load of plumbers, electricians and builders over there.

regards,
    lj

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

i'm renting a house with an indoor pool. it's too expensive to run in winter. last year we ran it for 6 months starting early may and it worked out at between €100 per month electricity and about 2000 litres of oil. i think it's about 40x20ft.

don't know about maintenance costs as landlord looks after that - he has a service contract.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

cost would be zero if you drained it and didn't use.

Turn it into a ball pit!

398197114_b3c605240a.jpg

Advertisement