Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE READ: CLERICAL CHILD ABUSE THREADS

Options
  • 25-03-2010 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭

The seemingly never-ending revelations about child abuse and the Catholic Church are spawning so many threads that it is in danger of swamping this board.

Many, probably most, of the regular posters on this board are not Catholics, and it is unfair to them to have the board dominated by numerous threads all saying similar stuff. There are today (25th March) four current threads on the subject on the first page of the board, and I have locked two others in the last 12 hours.

I appreciate that this is a subject that is causing much anger and frustration, and people are welcome to express their feelings provided they can do it within the terms of the Forum Charter (if you haven't read it then please do so before you post). However, please address the issue in one of the existing threads, rather than starting yet another. Any new threads on the subject may be deleted without any further warnings or notification.

UPDATE: 27/3/10
    All child abuse threads are now merged into one Clerical Child Abuse megathread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Hey folks, please pay attention to this sticky. We are having to move a lot of threads around and it's becoming a little tedious. By all means post your views on the scandals but do so in the appropriate thread (link provided above). I can't promise that people ignoring this request wont have their threads deleted in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement