Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth Handsfree

Options
  • 24-03-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, have seen a product called Seecode Bluetooth in Voadfone stores (3/4 different types)..which you can fit in your car with no wires etc...looked pretty neat...has anyone any experience of using any of them, what is the sound quality like etc....any comments advice welcomed..

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users Posts: 29 herny

thanks saw those reviews looks good...anyone got any personal experience of using???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I got one of these for €35 on e-Bay. Can't recommend it enough. Very clear sound both ways. No auto answer or anything like that but good out

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/hcb-105?cc=&lc=

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭JacksDad

Hey Henry!

I bought the Seecode Vossor on here for €75.61 delivered and I've had it nearly two weeks now. Not alone have I not had to charge it since I got it (and I'm in the car a fair bit) its neat and compact and I think it looks the business in the car. Its easy to install just if you do go for it be sure to charge it for the recommended for the full 8 hours prior to first time use.

If memory serves Vodafone Blanch were looking for €120.00 or so for the Seecode Vossor and Micks Garage have it online for €139.00.

I can't recommend it enough.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Can you see the dashboard though? Seems to be an issue.

• Advertisement

Can you see the dashboard though? Seems to be an issue.

Was that for me Henry Ford III??

the vossor seems to be the one you fit to your rear view mirror...does it fit properly on the mirror and does it impact your view of rear of car??

what is the sound quality (both ways like??)

herny wrote: »
    the vossor seems to be the one you fit to your rear view mirror...does it fit properly on the mirror and does it impact your view of rear of car??

what is the sound quality (both ways like??)

You are right Henry the Vosser is the rear view mirror one.

It fits like a glove over your existing mirror. If you want to fix it even more securely, you can strap (included) the mirror on (see here the Vossor illustration on their own website). TBH I've had no use for the straps as the mirror fit is more than adequate.

Your rear view is better IMHO and at night there isn't the same intense glare you get from headlights on your normal mirror.

The sound quality is second to none, I've had calls from mobile, landline and other handsfree units to mine and vice versa and have had no trouble whatsoever.

I'm a stickler for quality gadgets at the right price henry and no bs - this is my favourite purchase of 2010 to date!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,298 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ive seen these in the phone shop & to me they look like very tacky items. Wouldnt use them. Only thing worse is the bluetooth ear piece some people wear

thanks Jacksdad..sounds like a great option....i see there are other ones for sun visor/steering wheel/attaching to air vents anyone got any views on these ones??

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    Ive seen these in the phone shop & to me they look like very tacky items. Wouldnt use them. Only thing worse is the bluetooth ear piece some people wear

They are a wee bit "star trek" ok, but are still way preferable to holding a phone to the ear whilst driving.

If you are after a simple bluetooth device, with good reviews, and with good value this might be the trick.

thanks for all the suggestions folks...will keep you psoted on how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I considered one of these Seecode units but decided on a Parrot Minikit instead...does the job for £50 from Halfords up north

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭North Cork

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I considered one of these Seecode units but decided on a Parrot Minikit instead...does the job for £50 from Halfords up north

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/596657/art/parrot/minikit-bluetooth-car-kit.html

PARROT MiniKit Bluetooth Car Kit

g_00042246.jpg -39%
    more-pics.png zoom.png

€ 66 € 39,90 Inc. VAT

i spotted those parrot mini kits in halfords at lunch....any feedback on them, sound quality whilst driving etc....

North Cork wrote: »

My Pixmania experience. Ordered item and paid online. It never arrived. Investigation opened. DHL accepted responsibility.

Dozens of calls/emails and almost 4 months later I got a refund.

North Cork wrote: »
    thats a good price. I never checked there when i bought mine

herny wrote: »
    i spotted those parrot mini kits in halfords at lunch....any feedback on them, sound quality whilst driving etc....
    I have absolutely no problem with mine and people on other side say the same. It does have to be clipped to the visor for best reception

great thanks...

Advertisement