Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disbelief at the Status Quo

Options
  • 24-03-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

So the country is slowly trying to make progress in getting rid of members of the clergy who have abused children.

This is a slow process clearly. Most clergy members seem to be of the opinion that they need not resign at least until they've been pressure by the media.
    But very slowly the work of the courageous victims is getting media attention.
    its become very clear how hypocritical and unchristian all the pious abusers are.

I had no expectations for them anyway therefore their hypocrisy does not shock me.

But what shocks me, and troubles me is the people who stand by the abusers.
    the people who say.. that was in the past, since he's been in this diocese he's been great.
    and in general people who claim that priests and bishops who abused children, who covered up these cases and that made hell on earth for fellow humans should not step down from office.

THEY ABUSED CHILDREN! THERE IS NO SHRED OF CHRISTIAN IN THESE ACTIONS! THEY SHOULD HAVE TO DO MORE THAN JUST STEP DOWN FROM OFFICE THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND THEY'RE NAMES PUT ON THE SEX OFFENDERS LIST!! and they preach there IS a god?

sometimes i can have faith in the masses. the majority see sense. but my god. So many people stand by these delegates of hypocrisy who have the opinion that they are above the law.

I can only hope that the majority in fact lies on the side of sense.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

There are already at least 3 threads on the board to do with the clerical sex abuse scandal. I would suggest you post in one of them rather the board being overrun with this stuff. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement