Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a NAS Server

Options
  • 24-03-2010 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Currently looking for a way share my music, movies and other files over different laptops some of which are at home and others which are in work.

I also want to be able to have one place where all my emails are as I have a few email accounts and I want to link them all into Outlook but as I need to access them from different locations synching them to outlook at home will not work as I cant access these then when I'm away.

I've been looking at the QNAP TS-210 Turbo All-in-one NAS Server with iSCSI and wondering if anyone has used one or has any recommendations on this NAS or any other ones. Here is a link to it on Amazon.

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Im using a Synology DS410J,an entry level 4 bay (empty!) nas.Got it from Komplett for €320,takes up to 8tb(4x2tb),plenty of config options,serves all file types well,eco friendly power consumption and a pretty good manufacturer.Not alot of ram in it tho if thats something that you need to consider.
    Software is easy to install and use.Depends on your budget

Advertisement