Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get my mortgage lender to respond

Options
  • 24-03-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

My fixed mortgage rate expires on 30th of March.

I contacted them by phone on the 17th of February to discuss our options - i.e. to go onto a further fixed rate or standard variable as per our T&C. I discussed our general options with the staff member but obviously couldn't make a decision and checked to see could I get a letter stating the rates as per the 1st of March. Sure no problem I was told.

I contacted them by phone on the 3rd of March to confirm that the letters were on the way out. Sure no problem.

15th of March, still no sign of the letters & my mortgage rate ends next week. So I wrote to them requesting the information.

Still no correspondence or phone calls.

This is getting ridiculous. The staff won't deal with me on the phone because apparently I have to review their T&C and options on the letters that are on the way out to me.

I live in Dublin, their mortgage office is in Dublin. They are not a subprime lender & the mortgage is not in arrears.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get the lender to engage with me?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Eoineo wrote: »
    My fixed mortgage rate expires on 30th of March.

I contacted them by phone on the 17th of February to discuss our options - i.e. to go onto a further fixed rate or standard variable as per our T&C. I discussed our general options with the staff member but obviously couldn't make a decision and checked to see could I get a letter stating the rates as per the 1st of March. Sure no problem I was told.

I contacted them by phone on the 3rd of March to confirm that the letters were on the way out. Sure no problem.

15th of March, still no sign of the letters & my mortgage rate ends next week. So I wrote to them requesting the information.

Still no correspondence or phone calls.

This is getting ridiculous. The staff won't deal with me on the phone because apparently I have to review their T&C and options on the letters that are on the way out to me.

I live in Dublin, their mortgage office is in Dublin. They are not a subprime lender & the mortgage is not in arrears.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get the lender to engage with me?

TIA

You're in Dublin?

Physically call in to their head office and demand to speak with someone in charge.

they should have access to the paperwork that was sent to you (in my case EBS had all the paperwork, not my local branch of EBS).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Thanks but calling into them isn't an option. I'm unwell and live the far side of the city to their office.

Advertisement