Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KIA Cerato

Options
  • 24-03-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I've been looking at possibly buying a used KIA Cerato.

It's wikipedia page says:
    # Kia cerato 2004-2006 performance
    # 1.6L DOHC engine 105 hp 0-100 km/h: 10.8 sec., top speed: 116 mph (187 km/h) for Manual transmission.

I haven't found comments on the net to suggest it's a bad car.

sounds like a decent model, anyone know anything more about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Drove one before. Not a bad car, but there are loads better. Horrible, cheap feeling interior. Comfy though.

What's your budget etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

my bad, I completely left out that sort of info

I'm looking for an occasional A to B car. I mainly cycle to and from work. Current car (98 VW Polo) currently gets used for Shopping trips at the weekend, trips to parents (100km) and the odd trip to another Irish city (cork/sligo/limerick) maybe once or twice a year. It's possible that I could end up needing a car for work but can't see it happening at the moment.

As for budget, I'd like to keep it under 7k
    As for year, I'd like to keep it above 2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Seat Leon, Toyota Corolla - any of those will suit your needs.

Possible a 1.6 Focus or Leon - they are economical, good value, decent on long spins and should prove reliable

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Splash out and buy a Skoda! :D

Slydice wrote: »

As for budget, I'd like to keep it under 7k
    As for year, I'd like to keep it above 2005

Loads of options out there for that if you don't mind paying a few quid on roadtax, up to €600 ish :) I wouldn't spend that sort of cash on a Kia to be honest, loads of better options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thanks for all the advice folks. I went ahead and got the Cerato.

It's this one: http://www.carzone.ie/search/KIA/Cerato/NCT-%3D-20/200922192961371/advert?channel=CARS

It was well below the 7k I mentioned.

Seems to be ok, the pedals don't seem to give as much feedback as the 98 VW Polo I used to have.

Advertisement