Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placement of Stop Sign???

Options
  • 24-03-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just wondering about builders placing a stop sign in our garden.... are stop signs on private property legal or can we get it removed? Thought it would be placed at the edge of the footpath on public property instead they've stuck it in our garden.... has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact your local authority (planning section) about your issue.

I'd find it weird if they can just place it in your private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gkelly88

The foreman just knocked on the door and said they had to put up a stop sign and they hoped it wouldn't obstruct the view from the window. when I got home from work they had put it in the garden.

That was just before Christmas and they haven't been back to finish the estate yet, probably gone belly up..... so dont know what to do now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I doubt they have the authority to do what they did. In fairness, you should have said no from the start.

But again, contact your local authority, and see what they say.

They will have the power to get the builder to relocate the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'd be getting rid of it personnally. thats not on putting stuff like that on private property.

You should charge the estate builders / council rent for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I would be contacting the builders that their lovely new stop sign is now on its side obstructing the footpath outside your house and they should attend to it straight away for two reason's:

1) people could fall over it and
    2) There may be car accidents as there is no stop sign there anymore.

Cheaky feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

No idea on the legality, but I'd probably be out there tonight with a spade. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hipster2009

Send a picture to Ray Darcy

Advertisement