Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Toys

Options
  • 24-03-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

So my young lad has grown out of most of his baby toys. I now have about six boxes full of them. They are in great condition (he got so many from relatives he never touched half of them) and are sitting in my garage.

I was wondering if anyone knew what I could do with them? It feels like such a waste to throw them all out, considering many are expensive and in almost new condition.

Does anyone know of any charity organisations or other groups that might accept toys? I called around to the local shops in Ennis, but due to the fact people were dumping beat up broken toys on them they have all stopped carrying them. It's a shame too, especially since it only takes a few eejits like that to ruin something good for everyone.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

You could try the regional hospital in limerick ( the childrens part). also a local school might take them for junior and senior infants. If not save them till x-mas and use them for the x-mas shoe box appeal. You could even try ennis hospital as they have a childrens ward for taking the teeth out and have a few toys in there. as a last resort may be to place an add to give them away for free in the clare champion or clare people as a child minder might be interested in taking them of your hands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+1 to what grindelward said re:hospitals&schools. Also, check to see if Clare Crusaders or Clarecare want them.

Saving that, offer them for free on adverts, I got rid of a lot of stuff that way in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Clare Haven Services likely to really welcome them.

Email: chaven@eircom.net
    Phone: Office 065 6842646
    www.clarehaven.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

YOu could put them on www.jumbletown.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I donate most of my babyclothes and toys to Clarecare as i know it goes to people who really need them or maybe consider Clare Haven House.
    Parents and kids arrive into the refuge with literally nothing except the clothes on their backs. Im sure all donations would be greatly appreciated1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I contacted Clare Clare, Haven, and Limerick Hospital. None accept childrens toys, no matter what condition they are in.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a van and load it all up for the dump. Its a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

That is an absolute shame, turning down perfectly good things they can use but there are definatly drives around christmas time for toys, I remember a few in school and last year too there was a big appeal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

CptSternn wrote: »
    I contacted Clare Clare, Haven, and Limerick Hospital. None accept childrens toys, no matter what condition they are in.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a van and load it all up for the dump. Its a shame.

Don't!
    There's the charity shops in Ennis, jumbletown as mentioned or if no charity wants them:
    www.freecycle.org
    type in Ennis and click on the link.
    You can offer stuff for collection as long as it's free, many happy takers there I guarantee.
    Also, going to the dump with a van will cost you at least 10 quid.
    Don't pay to throw it away, give it away and save money!

Advertisement