Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting question regarding student credit card limit.

Options
  • 24-03-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I have a student credit card with Bank of Ireland. The credit limit is 800.00euro.

If I need to buy something that cost more than 800 euro I know that I can transfer money from my current account to the credit card account and my credit limit will be higher. In otherwords I can spend 900 euro even if my limit is 800 by just transferring 100euro into the credit card account.

My question is, is there a limit up to which you can do this? I'm in the market for a new bike at the moment, I'm planning on spending around 1600euro on it. So if I transfer the 800euro extra into the credit card account will it be okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

yes it will be ok. 800 of your own money and 800 (limit) of the credit card companies money.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Excellent thanks for your reply, I was a bit worried about it given the amount of money involved. I've done it before but only needed to add 150 to the account. Thanks again!

Advertisement