Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP1 - Taxation Continuous Assessment

Options
  • 23-03-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is this the first year for the CA for Tax in CAP1?

If not, what forms were asked last year and anyone got any advice or tips for this year's CA?

Thanks,

techman
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Stey_9

Yeah, I did that continuous assessment last august as an external student. It was fairly simple to be honest. It's just a 75min exercise in filling out Revenue forms. The following form's came up on my paper:

(1) Form 11E
    (2) TR1 - For a Partnership
    (3) VAT 3 Form - Small VAT Calculation to do first and pay attention to imports/exports
    (4) Return of Trading Details

I just went over the Practice papers sent out to me and this got me through no bother. Just be aware of all the various forms and you will be fine. Good luck anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Its 2 years since I did my one but beware of the dates for returning the forms.it may be asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

I did this last year.

Keep an eye out for treatment of UK invoices

Form11 - know this inside out -
    I did the easy forms first then form 11 last - think I came out with 80%

You'll be grand... unless your a total idiot you'll pass

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

you're a total idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭techman

75 mins just isn't enough time for this assessment.

Anyone else think the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

techman wrote: »
    75 mins just isn't enough time for this assessment.

Anyone else think the same?

Agreed. Easy exam but with the ridiculous time limit you'll never get through the fukcing novel you're handed. Chartered never give you anything handy. Only got 3 out of 4 questions done. Form 11 takes up 3/4 of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭techman

Same here. Barely got three out of the four done due to lack of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

BESman wrote: »
    Agreed. Easy exam but with the ridiculous time limit you'll never get through the fukcing novel you're handed. Chartered never give you anything handy. Only got 3 out of 4 questions done. Form 11 takes up 3/4 of your time.

I think it's a bad idea to have the forms and the info/questions in the same booklet. It requires far too much flicking back and forward for stupid stuff like the persons address, it just eats up time. Anyone know when the marks will be out?

Advertisement