Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size alternator fuse for a diesel digger?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi, just got the lend of a friends ****ty digger, alternator was bolloxed (and fuse missing) so got it rebuilt, put it back in, - but don't know what fuse rating to put in. I tried a 25 amp, - but it blew after half an hour.
    There is no manual or anything to look at (really ****ty digger).
    It's a hitachi (13 tonne probably) with an isuzu diesel engine, with 2x12volt batteries.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

feck sake I have the same problem at the moment on a identical machine, the altenator is away at the moment as well. When i get it back i will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

kerryman12 wrote: »
    feck sake I have the same problem at the moment on a identical machine, the altenator is away at the moment as well. When i get it back i will have a look.

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭barongreen

25a is way two small anyway, 50a might not cover it, but id start there if you dont get any more info. i know you can get 100a ones also. goo luck with it btw

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

barongreen wrote: »
    25a is way two small anyway, 50a might not cover it, but id start there if you dont get any more info. i know you can get 100a ones also. goo luck with it btw

Are you a mechanic? I want to know the correct fuse rating so that I don't cook my new alternator, -or set the digger on fire! There might be a short somewhere causing the high current draw.

Advertisement