Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get another credit card?

Options
  • 23-03-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

My credit card is due to expire later this year. I've had it almost 3 years and mainly used it for online shopping. I have used it in shops only a handful of times. I'd normally spend from 100 - 300 euro a month on it. But I have cleared it every month since I started using it, that is I haven't paid one cent in interest. If the bank aren't making interest from me, will they be willing to give me another one when my current one expires? I am full time employed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭trant

The expiry date on your card simply means that the card itself will expire at that time - not the account. Once your account is in good standing (which is obviously the case) you will receive a new card in the mail before the old one expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The should send you one automatically, you don't need to re apply. It's always good to ask for a credit increase just in case you ever need to do a legger out of the country in a hurry;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

nikon1000 wrote: »
    My credit card is due to expire later this year. I've had it almost 3 years and mainly used it for online shopping. I have used it in shops only a handful of times. I'd normally spend from 100 - 300 euro a month on it. But I have cleared it every month since I started using it, that is I haven't paid one cent in interest. If the bank aren't making interest from me, will they be willing to give me another one when my current one expires? I am full time employed.

Yeah but they still make money off transactions with you. You pay them €X for something you bought but they give the retailer less than that. I'm the same as you and I'm on my third credit card and second account, all with the same provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nikon1000

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Advertisement