Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling holiday booked on credit card

Options
  • 23-03-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

myself and himself are unable to go on a holiday which i booked, using our credit card. we can get a doctors note to cover same. as i booked it myself ie seperate flights and hotel, and am not entitled to any refund with the airline or the hotel (hotel was booked through a 3rd party and they say its too late to cancel) would my credit card company reimburse me for anything?? i will of course ring them, but want to try and get some info first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Check the hotels policy yourself, don't just take a third parties word for it, they are only worried about losing their commision.
    Also if you are cancelling due to a medical emergency its more than likely that you should be able to get your money back, have a good read of the terms and conditions.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Unless you have travel insurance as part of the card package, the credit card provider won't pay you anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

For the flights you'll recieve the VAT back. Had to cancel a flight for someone before and was told the VAT amount would be put back on my card.

Advertisement