Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Teaching

Options
  • 23-03-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hello

Just wondering where do you do a course to be an engineer teacher in a secondary school.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There is a four year degree in UL in Engineering teaching.

http://www.ul.ie/courses/LM095.html

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭trepasers

Just wondering is it only limerick this course can be done in???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

As far as I know, yes. There is a postgrad in Limerick that allows you to become an Engineering teacher if you have a relevant degree, but that would take a year longer and you would still have to go to Limerick to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I'm not sure there are that any Jobs around for Engineering/ Technology teachers these days.
    I've heard to Post graduate diplomas in Education in the UK that you get a grant to complete, maybe my info is out of date regarding this.
    But maybe its another option if you already had an Engineering degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daithidav

Diabhal Glas- I herd that too about going to ther UK. But would like to know more if you have found additioal info since you posted this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement